Be Safe During The Holiday's & Everyday

During this festive time of year people are busy, they're traveling, shopping, visiting with friends and sometimes their not thinking necessarily on how much they share. My family traveled down south to LA. It was great we had a good time and really enjoyed ourselves, but one thing I didn't do I was I didn't share my trip before I left and I didn't share it while I was still away, and I certainly didn't "check in".  Sometimes we get go caught up in the social media aspect of posting something cool and exciting we forget our common sense.
For example if your "checking in" on Foursquare that your in Time Square NY what's stopping someone from entering your name on www.yellowpages.com and finding your home address.If your privacy settings are not set high your information is visible to other "non-friend" viewers. Posting pictures of your European vacation while your in Europe gives people the knowledge that not only are you away you're away for awhile. Just be wise. Yes, it is cool to have exciting posts and sharing photos of your trip, but how about posting them after you've come back and is really the bonus points you get for "checking in" really worth it.

Please feel free to re-post, sometimes a good reminder can help us keep our senses! Wishing everyone to be safe and happy!

Comments

Popular Posts